Thursday, January 17, 2008

Up-date on Miss Maggie

Thank you for all of your prayers during this very difficult time. Mama is doing so much better. They have had her breathing on a "T" bar for the last three days. This means that she is actually breathing on her own. When we were there earlier this afternoon, she had been breathing on her own for about five hours. Her vitals are great and they are going to continue to let her breathe on her own for as long as she is able. Of course, she gets tired, but she is such a trooper. Hopefully, if she continues to progress, they will move her to a regular room. She will have PT to help build up her endurance and to help her get mobile. Please continue to pray for her because she still has a long road ahead of her. I love you guys very much and thank you for remembering me in your prayers as well. I had to go back on the prednisone, which I hate but, it's the only thing that will open up my lungs so I can breathe. I thank my God for wonderful, loving friends.

No comments: