Thursday, June 5, 2008

Up-to-date

Meredith got her report card in the mail yesterday. Bless her heart, she's been checking the mail twice a day now since school let out. I am proud to report that Meredith McKenzie Wall will be an 8th grader next fall! There was never any doubt in my mind but, she was worried. She missed having all A's on her report card by 1 point! We are so proud of her. As I've said before, we've been blessed with two outstanding kids. They have always made good grades and have never given us any trouble. Justin was always on the Dean's list at Community and they both have always been on the honor roll. Of course, you know they get their brains and their beauty from their Mother!

To up-date you on Mom's move. She is very excited and a little sad. She doesn't want to sell her home because this was their dream house. A big ol house with a big ol yard for the grands and great-grands to come and run and play. Every room is filled with my Daddy's touch. It's going to be a bittersweet time for her when she walks out that door for the last time.

Ronnie has the plans all drawn out and she is very pleased. He told her that this is her home too and that we are going to do everything to make this move as comfortable and pleasant as possible. Ronnie is going to incorporate as much of Mama's personal touch and her special things from her life with Daddy as possible. Don't let Ronnie's gruff exterior fool you. Although he can be a BIG BEAR and very difficult to deal with at times, he still has a soft spot and, of course he loves a project.

Of course that will mean that we will be living in a dusty mess again. We have been in this house for 14 years (June 3rd) and we have re-done our kitchen 3 or 4 times and have added a Master suite addition and a hobby room/exercise addition. You can tell by looking at us that the exercise room gets the least attention.

My pool and deck will be coming down the day after Labor Day. That's when we close it anyway but, it's coming down for the new addition.

We sat the kids down the other night and told them what we expect from them. Having Mama here will be less taxing on me physically, I won't be running back and forth but, we are going to need them to step up and assume a little more responsibility. They are in total agreement that this is the best thing and even Jordan, Justin's girlfriend, said that she would be willing to help out too.

We can definately see the hand of God in this decision and we know that if it's His will then He will provide.

We ask for your continued prayers on our little home, which will now include one more. The Lord gave me a second chance with my Mom and I intend to take advantage of every moment possible. She's even talking about going camping with us!! How cool is that?

Thanks for being my friends and for being so much a part of my life. I love you guys.

2 comments:

Matt Johnson said...

I know Meridith worked hard that last nine weeks. I'm proud of her too.
Students normally get lazy at the end. I know a lot of my students did.

jkstrib said...

Way to go, Meredith! I am proud of you!