Wednesday, August 20, 2014

School days

School actually started for the district schools on Monday. Jon Mark and Amy's boys started K-4 at
Boiling Springs First Baptist. Kane and Tripp are in the same class and I know they are going to have such a good time together, just like Andy and Justin.

Meredith starts her Sophomore year at Upstate tomorrow. OMG.... I can't believe my baby girl will be a Sophomore in college. It seems just like yesterday that I took her to K-4 at BSFB. I am so proud of her, because she has kept up her grades and maintained a GPA of 3.9 and her scholarships have paid for her college. This year, the scholarship money even paid for her books. We went school supply shopping this week and she got everything she needed. She has her planner filled in with her schedule, her notebooks are ready and her bag is packed. Most of her friends are off at college, and they decorated their dorm rooms with all kinds of neat things. So, she bought a few things to decorate her room and she even worked on a few craft items to make her room different for her Sophomore year.

Father in Heaven.... I pray your protection on the students, teacher and staff, as they begin a new school year. It was posted on FB this afternoon that a Broome High School student collapsed from a medical issue and could not be revived. Lord.... this just breaks my heart. A mom sent her child to school today and her child didn't come home. Please, surround this family with your love. Give the family, friends and classmates comfort, give them peace. And Lord, please give them strength and guidance in the days ahead. AMEN

I really do need to post more often than I do, but nobody reads this anyway.

I will close with this.... Up to now, I have lost 67 pounds. I do feel better about the way I look, but health wise, I still feel like crap. Anyway, I'm praying I can lose about 40 more pounds and stay there.

I love and adore my precious family.... Ronnie and Meredith. Justin, Jordan and Phoenix.... my precious grand daughter. There is Sophia and Petey.... our fur babies, who make us laugh. Protect my family and my friends, and keep them safe.

Speaking of family.... We have a new member in the family. Kasen Dean Horne was born on July 26th to Amy and Dean and big brother, Kane. He is beautiful and of course.... precious.

Good night Mrs. Callabash.... Where ever you are. (Jimmy Durante)

No comments: