Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Good day

Today was a good day. Ronnie left to go out of town and that's not good, but Meredith and I had lunch with Debbie and Emily Robinson. Emily is Meredith's BFF and her mom and I sing in the choir together and are good friends.

I don't get out much and it was really nice to go out to lunch like a grown up. We went to the Converse Deli and had salads. That's what you do when you go on a grown up lunch date, eat a salad. Don't get me wrong, I love salads and this was a great salad, but you can't eat like you're at home. You have to have table manners. place your napkins in your lap and no elbows on the table. Eat with your mouth closed and no bodily functions, burping, farting or blowing your nose.

There was a man at the table next to us, who had this ooey,gooey chocolate dessert. OMG, it looked wonderful. I'm not a big dessert eater, as a rule, but there is something about not being able to have something that makes you want it. I wanted to reach across the table, knock the man in the head and steal his dessert.

After we left the deli, we went to Barnes and Noble, Debbie had to pick up a book, and I had coffee and everyone else had cold drinks, like iced coffee, and a chocolate concoction. Again, I was good. We talked and laughed and had a really nice time. It was nice being a grown up for a day and going out.

Now, I'm home in my gown and drinking a nice cold coke zero. I can have this with no guilt, unless I believe all of the stories about sodas, which I don't. I'm a skeptic, especially when it comes to things I like. I'm not dead yet.

No comments: