Monday, February 16, 2015

Thankful....

This past weekend was Valentine's and Ronnie was the most wonderful and thoughtful
husband and dad. He bought baskets.... filled them with tissue paper and confetti and wrapped them with a red bow. Inside was everything we could possibly want and certainly needed.... socks,
makeup, makeup wipes, shampoo and conditioner, ladies razors and lots and lots of candy! He made
them himself and they were so beautiful.

Meredith and I had a little money of our own, so we bought him candy and tee shirts. Then on Saturday night, Meredith was baby sitting and Ronnie fixed a delicious meal.... shrimp cocktail,
grilled steaks, medium rare and baked potatoes with sour cream and butter. Yummy!

Today we had the most wonderful time of praise and worship at the Mill and Pastor D J brought a
wonderful message.... tithing.... willingly giving our money and time for the building up of
God's Kingdom. It's such a small price, compared to the sacrifice that Jesus made for us.

Leah Woody's dad, Steve Melton, was killed Saturday while riding his motorcycle. This week was
a horrible and tragic week.... several wrecks that resulted in many people losing their lives. So sad....
A time to appreciate life.... to be thankful and love your family and hold them close. Life is
such a fragile.... whisper.

Lord, how can I thank you for all that you have done. Things were so bad and I was so angry, but I
gave it all to you and things are wonderful. I gave my testimony in Sunday School this morning, and
it gave me peace, being able to share how the Lord changed my life and how He was always there in
every situation.

Another sweet blessing came to visit us on Saturday. Our precious Phoenix. What a wonderful blessing from the Lord and a treasure. We laughed and played, sang songs, colored and most
importantly, we hugged her and kissed her.

I am blessed.... I am so thankful....

Praise God, from whom all blessings flow.

No comments: