Friday, July 3, 2015

I'm Still Here

Thank you Heavenly Father.... I'm still here.

Of course each day is an adjustment, one step forward, two steps back. Most days are worse
than others, and it will always be a work in progress.

However, by the grace and mercy of my Heavenly Father.... I am blessed and I'm still here.

Tomorrow is the celebration of our country's independence. In the last few months, our country has suffered many set backs. Useless violence, murders and rioting in the streets.... Oh my God it sounds like Iraq. Last week, 9 precious people were gunned down during Wednesday night services in their church in uptown Charleston, SC, by a 21 year old young man, who said he wanted to start another civil war. Again, the question of removing the confederate flag from the SC state capitol grounds, is in the news. It is being suggested that the flag be moved to the Confederate Relic Room and placed on display. When the confederate flag was first moved from the Capitol building to the grounds.... I was upset, because this was part of our Southern heritage. However, this flag stood for slavery.... for the cruel treatment of one race of people by another race of people. It's time to move it and try and heal the wounds of our state.

I am proud to be an American from the state of South Carolina. I am proud that even though our state is in pain from the senseless murders in Charleston, any disagreements have been peaceful, and thank the Lord, no rioting in the streets. But.... our state needs you Lord.... our nation needs you. Be with our citizens, keep us safe.... free us from the hate and violence that holds our people hostage, and give us love and peace.

Happy Birthday America
God Bless America

No comments: