Thursday, July 24, 2008

HAPPY 13th BIRTHDAY MISS MEREDITH WALL

Actually, Meredith's birthday was this past Sunday, the 20th but, we're having an all out beach bash with five teenage girls and one little girl who is not too far behind.

When I think about the fact that my baby girl is 13 years old my eyes fill with tears.

Tears of thankfulness to our Heavenly Father for giving me such a beautiful baby girl. I was 41 years old when this little beauty was born and sometimes I still question God on the timing. She is a wonderful, loving, helpful young lady but, she's still a girl child with an attitude. God does have a sense of humor and I know that Meredith and I have given Him lots to laugh about over the last 13 years.

Tears of joy for the special little girl she is and the joy and happiness she has brought to our lives. Many of you know that Sis is very quiet and shy but, oh my goodness, she can talk a blue streak at home. She's funny too.

Tears of excitement because she has entered into a new phase of her life. I would love to be able to live my younger years over, knowing what I know now. I wrote in Meredith's birthday card, "Life is what you make it. Look for the positive. Set your goals high, dream big and go for it." I only wish that someone had told me that.

Tears of anxiety for the many things that our teens are faced with. There is so much available to our children now and without the proper guidance, many of our young people fall prey to the pressures. I can honestly say that Meredith is a very cautious person and she is strong in her faith. She does stand up for what is right and for what she believes in.

Tears of anticipation to what the future holds for her. Before either of my children were born I prayed for their futures. I asked God to guide them and bless their education, their careers and their future mates. Right now, Meredith is not into boys but, I know one day the right young man will come along and she will fall head over heels. However, this young man will have to be a very special person. He will have to be a young man of God, smart, well-mannered, ambitious and courageous. I put that last part in because this special young man will have Ronnie Wall for a father-in-law. Lord, bless him.

I'm asking all of you to say a very special prayer for my children, Justin and Meredith. Lord love them, they are two incredible kids in spite of their parents.

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS MEREDITH McKENZIE WALL!! I LOVE YOU MY BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER AND THANK MY GOD ABOVE EVERY DAY FOR GIVING YOU TO ME.

2 comments:

jkstrib said...

Happy Birthday, Meredith! You indeed are a very special young lady. I KNOW God has great plans for your life!

love you,
juju

KJA said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, You look like a, Well a very special young lady !! Happy Birhday to you. Hope you can hear me sing that.....