Monday, June 30, 2014

Not Quite Catching Up....

Lord, I didn't realize how long it had been since I had posted. I always loved to blog, but like I said before, nobody ever reads my page. I have very few people who post on my FB page unless I post pictures.

I'm sure I will never catch up on everything that has happened, so I may just take it from here.

First thing I really want to address is the number of suicides recently. There have been 3 suicides in the last couple of months. One young man I have known since he was a little guy. His aunt and uncle are good friends and when I heard what had happened, it made me sick to my stomach. Just this past week, a young man in Meredith's college group at church and he also attended Upstate, committed suicide, while his family was on vacation. Then later on in the week, a woman, 48 years old or somewhere around that age. mother of two, school teacher and wonderful Christian woman who was a great encourager to others, committed suicide!! WHY??

What can possible be so horrific that you would take your own life. Of course, we don't know what terrible things these people were facing, but I don't know of anything that God can't carry us through.
I, myself, have been through two painful divorces, the loss of my parents and Ronnie's parents, and endless physical problems, heart surgery and internal bleeding, just to name two and I can honestly say that I felt the peace of God. Don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect, no where close, but I could never put my family and friends through that terrible loss. Death is a loss that you adjust to and deal with, but losing someone from suicide has to be the ultimate. I'm not candy coating death, it's real, it's painful and life changing, but if you know Jesus as your personal Savior, then death is just a step into eternal peace.

I know I may really make some people mad, if anybody is reading this, but suicide is selfish. You may stop living, but the family and friends that you leave behind, have to deal with the pain and the confusion, wondering if there was something that could have done to change it.

The other matter I want to address is.... DRAMA on FACEBOOK!! For crying out loud, leave the really personal things off and if you do post something, you give people the right to comment. If you don't want to hear what they have to say, DON'T POST. If they say something that angers you, don't show your stupidity and argue back and forth or curse them. Don't air your dirty laundry on FB, I don't want to know about it. Another thing, don't make crap up and lie. Then suddenly act like your account has been hacked. If you need that kind of attention, stand naked on the side of the road with a tin cup, you'll get attention that way. You may even be placed in a mental ward, where you probably need to be anyway.

Okay, bitching session is through for the day. I could have just as easily posted this all on FB, but then I would be causing drama.

Until next time....

I remain,

Opinionated


No comments: