Thursday, December 31, 2015

2016.... You have to be better than last year....

It's 8 minutes past nine o'clock on New Year's Eve. In about 3 hours we will begin a new year.... 2016.

If I were to really think about time, it could be depressing and a little scary. But, I'm just glad to still be here. I am so thankful for the Lord's blessings.... my family and friends, my precious fur babies, a beautiful home, a really nice car. Food and clothing and the awesome way He provided for us, even when I did not get my disability. He knows, it's in His plan. I can apply for early retirement and began to receive social security benefits, and of course that will be a big help. So.... I trust the Lord. I may not understand His timing, but He will provide.

Christmas 2015 was awesome. My family came on the 19th, with the exception of Justin and Jordan, and Casey and Jott. All of the kids had a ball and we just enjoyed watching them. On Christmas Eve, the Walls came, with the exception of John, Roberta and Cass. Roberta has alzheimers, and even though she has been on a new med that has kept the progression of the disease to a slower pace, when it finally stops working, she then progresses to the stage that she would already be. It's sad, knowing that Christmas 2014, will probably be the last time we see her.

Also, Pudge is in the CCU at Regional, but we don't know anything that is going on. All of this time, we were under the impression that his not keeping in touch with us, was Casey's decision. However, we have found out that it's his decision. Looking back, I should have realized it, because he never returned phone messages or text messages but I just couldn't believe it. We have been through so much, good and bad, over the last 41 years. I was shocked and very angry that he would just throw all of that time away, but whatever. He never stood up for himself and when the divorce was finalized, he chose to stay in the past, grieving over his loss, and not making any effort to move on. I know for a fact that it's not easy, but you have to go forward, to move on with your life.

A week or so before Christmas, my cousin Deana, text me and said that she and the kids were packed up and coming this way, could they stay here with us for a few days? I already knew that this was going to cause a big problem, but Ronnie was trying to be so caring, because she and Jeff are separated, and he knows that they were going through so much, and probably needed a break.

I won't go into much detail, because quite frankly, I am still reeling from her visit, and believe you me, my home will never be open to her ever again. First of all, it's about a 4.5 hour trip and they left at 1:00pm, or so. After several phone calls to get them back on the right road (they have a GPS), they came rolling in about 9:30pm. When she finally got out of the car, she looked like some wild woman, with her red hair all frizzy and sticking out all over her head.

For 2.5 days.... Ronnie prepared 3 meals a day and Meredith cleaned. She also picked up behind the 3 of them and did their laundry!! Who the hell goes to someone's house to visit and has the host do their laundry and wait on them hand and foot? They ate our food and snacks and drank our soft drinks, when all of the time they had their own stash in their room!! Deana has a yeast infection and everywhere she walked or sat, there was powder everywhere!!

Here's the kicker.... she talked non-stop, without a breath, the entire time she was here. We couldn't follow anything she was talking about, because she was talking about people we didn't know and she relived every conversation she had ever had with these people. She would be talking, and suddenly she would drop down to a whisper, as if someone was going to overhear what she was saying. She even fell asleep right in the middle of one of her stories, but her mouth was open and she was still moving her lips. OMG.... we all kept counting down the hours until they would leave.

While they were here, she opened and rummaged through the closet in Justin's old room and in mama's bathroom. Then she would call the kids to the side and whisper. We found out the reason, after they left.... Meredith's little gold plated, engraved birthstone bracelet, that my mama gave her, is missing. It's not the monetary value, but the sentimental value and just the principal of the thing.

People drive me up the wall, even my own family at times, but for someone to invite themselves into your home, eat you out of house and home, take advantage of your hospitality and then steal from you.... NEVER EVER AGAIN!! Not no, but HELL NO!! I'm finished.

2016.... has to be a better year....

No comments: