Friday, May 30, 2008

May 30, 1986

On this special day, twenty-two years ago..., my first child was born. After many many years of surgeries, medications, doctors and the heartbreak of being told I would never have children.., the Lord let everyone know who is in charge.

I was thrilled beyond any words and so was Dr. Lanford. When he confirmed that I was indeed pregnant, we both laughed, hugged and cried. I was going to be a Mommy.

My special craving with Justin was "Frosted Flakes." I would get up in the middle of the night, sit cross-legged on the couch and eat a big ol "Jethro" bowl full of Frosted Flakes.

At 8:11 am on Friday, May 30th, 1986..., Justin Defoye Horton was born. Weighing in at seven pounds fifteen and one half ounces and was twenty-one inches long. He had brown hair with a little reddish tint and the most beautiful blue eyes I had ever seen (he still does).

I can still feel that joy and the fast beating of my heart when the nurse brought him through the door, all swaddled in a white blanket with blue and pink stripes. I breathed the words, "My baby."

These past twenty-two years have been absolutely amazing. He is a wonderful, loving young man who still loves to kiss and hug his "Mom." I am so proud of this young man and it has been my honor to be chosen as his Mother.

Thank you Lord, for this very incredible gift that you have given me..., my son.

Happy 22nd birthday Justin. I love you more than I could ever say. I pray God's blessing on your life as you continue to walk this journey.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I was born on may 30th, 1986 as well. :) it was a great day indeed! I was bored, so I typed in "may 30th 1986" on google and this is the page I got. just thought I would share! :)