Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Get a life and quit interrupting mine!!

Okay, here goes..., telemaketers!! I am so sick of my phone ringing 35 times a day and 33 of the calls are telemarketers. Get a real job! Get a life! I hate the telephone anyway, I only talk on it when it's necessary. I'm an "eye" person, which means I like to look at yours when I'm talking to you.

On the rare ocassion that I answer these telemarketing calls, I try to be polite and listen to them and then when I can get a word in I very politely tell them I'm not interested in more insurance, gutters, siding or carpet cleaning. We have hardwood floors in most of the house so we don't need carpet cleaning.

When you tell them you are not interested, they get inulted and start to argue with you. I've even had them be so rude as to hang up on me just because I told them I don't have termites and have no need of their services.

Yesterday I answered the phone at my Mom's house. The guy asked to speak to "Margaret" and I told him she was unavailable at the moment and could I take a message? He then asked to speak to "Johnny." My reply was, "well sir, it's long distance because my Dad has been in heaven for almost four years." The guy was absolutely speechless, I would have loved to have seen the look on his face. He replied, "oh I'm so sorry." I told him that we miss Daddy but we're very glad that he's in heaven. I suggested that he make a note and from now on, just don't call this number again. I believe he was still stuttering when I hung up.

I have taken to answering the phone with an accent, pretending that I don't really understand English. Some of them don't speak English either so, what we have here is a language barrier. I've also said that the Wall family is on a long extended vacation and I'm just there to water the plants and feed the dogs. I do so hate it when they call in the middle of dinner. As you can tell, I don't like to miss a meal.

Next to driving on the road with total idiots, telemarketers are my very least favorite people. Is there a such thing as "phone rage?" If there is, I have that too.

No comments: