Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Catching Up

My goodness, I didn't realize that it had been so long since I had blogged. Have you missed me?

I'm still not caught up from the beach and as you know we were gone another few days after that. We've been up at Mama's cleaning out closets! We reduced three closets down to one this past Saturday. I knew that selling her house and packing things up would be hard for Mama but I just never realized how hard.

Mama is a worrier and she is so emotional. She has been doing better about not crying so much about Daddy but, bless her, everything is such a drama. Of course, we're packing up fifty one happy years of marriage, three children, six grands and one great-grand so I guess she has every right to be emotional.

Ronnie has told her she can bring anything with her to make her more comfortable here as long as it's not blue, a duck or makes noise. The other night she said something about bringing her birdhouses that she has hanging in her kitchen and Ronnie said "NO, it doesn't match our decor!" Don't forget that I call Ronnie, Emeril Stewart Villa and around here what he says goes.

Talk about stubborn vs stubborn, that's what I have on my hands and as usual I'm the peacekeeper. That's not an easy job with those two.

Keep all of us in your prayers. continue to remember to pray that Mama's house will sell SOON!! I think we're having an open house in a couple of weeks, hopefully that will generate a lot of interest and valid offers.

I register Sis tomorrow for the eighth grade. She is ready as far as clothes and supplies go but, she's also a little nervous. Please pray that she doesn't have to deal with bullies and the obnoxious boys and girls she had to deal with last year. We ran into one of the bullies at the beach and Ronnie told him.., "Boy, I better not have to come up to that school again." I hope that warning scared him enough to leave Meredith alone.

Please pray for Justin. He is actively seeking a new job, hopefully something where he can use his degree. He has tried so hard to work for his Dad but, he needs to get away from there. There's a long story and an even longer history there. Just pray that Justin finds something very soon.

I can't believe that summer is quickly fading and pretty soon we'll be tearing down our deck and pool to make room for Mama's new addition. I'm going to swim as much as I can before we officially close it down for good.

Our three dogs are doing very well. In fact the girls (Callie Rose and Sophia) are in here with me now. Oh, here comes Odie to visit too. They are just too precious.

Hey Kevin, tell Shelley to give me a call and maybe she can help me with a new blog page.

My love to all. Take care.

3 comments:

KJA said...

Ok I will tell her. If you see her Sunday give her your phone number. I keep forgetting to ask.

jkstrib said...

I am praying for you all! Big adjustments! I never knew Ronnie was a Bob Vila! I'm impressed!~

Carmen said...

Welcome back. Boy I missed you! Tell Sis I have the jitters about a new school too, as old as I am :) I just know her year is going to be much better this year. Praying for you all.

Carmen