Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I'm ba-aaaack!!

January 21,2014 A couple of weeks back, Meredith told me that she had to have a blog page for one of her classes at Upstate. I told her that I use to have a blog page a few years back and I really enjoyed writing it. She was struggling with a name for her blog page and I mentioned mine, Megie's Musings. Of course that wasn't good enough for her, but when her teacher saw Meredith's Musings as one of her ideas, she loved it. So, her college blog page is Meredith's Musings. She so hates it when I'm right. There is a certain amount of freedom in writing a blog. I know there are many people who may read my blog, but it's not like Face Book. I try very hard to conduct myself as a Christian wife, mother and now a grandmother, but sometimes I really have a hard time being delicate or tactful and it's easier on here. I promise to catch up everything that has happened since I was on here last. The last thing I remember reading on my next to last post, Mama had just had her heart shocked back into rhythm, after the long serious illness, physical therapy and a long stay in a nursing home. She was home and I encouraged people to call and check on her, but that never happened. The last few years that she lived were lonely and sad years. She so missed my daddy, she thought she was a burden and she just gave up. I'll fill in more of the blanks later and I promise to end on a happier note. The happier note would be my family, of course. I'm sure you aren't surprise. Ronnie and I are still together, 23 years on the 20th of September. This is such a strong union in spite of ourselves. We were most certainly meant to be together and God has truly blessed our marriage and our family. I love Ronnie with all of my heart, but I would still like to choke him sometimes. Nothing new there. Now to the children.... Justin Horton and Jordan Compton were married on May 15,2010 at Denny's Plaza in uptown Spartanburg. It was a beautiful wedding and everything went off without a hitch. More on Justin and Jordan later. Our baby girl, Meredith, graduated Boiling Springs High School in May of 2013 and is now a freshman at Upstate, majoring in Elementary Education. She loves missions work and would love to be able to teach English as a second language over seas. She graduated high school with all A's and finished up her 1st semester at Upstate with 3) A's- 2) B's and a 3.8 GPA. She is a very smart girl and she is so sweet, with a quick sense of humor. She is growing into a very beautiful young woman. Now last, but certainly not least. On February 27,2014, our precious grand daughter, Phoenix Leighann Horton, will be 1 year old. There are no words to adequately describe my feelings for this little blessing from Heaven. From the moment she was born.... she was Justin Horton made over. There were a few times that she would look like Jordan and her dad, Sid. There were a few times she looked like her great Papa Horton.... Buck. However, for the most part she looks like her daddy, she has her mommy's smile, her daddy's blue eyes. Her blonde hair stands up all over her head but, she looks so precious in the hats, hair bows and headbands. She is "wide open," as her daddy would say. She crawls like she has a motor tied to her butt, pulls up on whatever, then she will squat, no hands, then she will stand up and shake her Elvis leg and dance. In other words.... She's a ham. She jabbers all of the time and is very nosey. She's very smart and she is trying to say some words, da-da is very plain, but she is trying to put other words together too. She is a precious gift from God, an answer to prayer, a beautiful and precious little baby girl. I am looking so forward to watching her grow up, but not too quickly. This first year has passed in a big blur and I want to enjoy every single moment of every day with Phe.

No comments: