Saturday, November 24, 2007

Up-date

Good Saturday Morning- I don't normally blog or even check my mail on the week-ends but I have a couple of CB friends who have had chemo and radical surgery this week-end and I wanted to check on them. While I'm up-dating you guys on my CB friends I can up-date you on everybody else here, in and around the Wall home. First of all, please be in special prayer for Dr. Barb Berg (MN) who just underwent another very serious and radical surgery. She did make it through the surgery but the news was not good. In attempting to remove the large mass that they already knew was there, they found 12 more tumors. The cancer is very obviously growing at a rapid pace. Also my sweetie from Alabama (Meredith Grace Dyer) was to have more chemo
and hopefully be home for Thanksgiving. She's my baby ( one year old). Chelsey Mitchell is in Charlotte in PT. This has been a very difficult road for her and her parents. Please remember my other CB friends, everyone of them are very special people to me and their Thanksgiving probably wasn't as normal as ours. We do have so much to be thankful for and we take it all for granted. Corresponding with my friends at CaringBridge has helped me put a lot of things in perspective. Now for the Wall family, Justin is doing great! He goes to PT on Monday for them to up the tension on his brace and then he sees the doctor on Thursday. He's back working at his dad's, something he really didn't want to do but, he has financial obligations and there are things that he can do to help his dad out, even in a brace. Odie and Sophia are doing much much better. Sophia is back to her little high jumping hyper self and Odie just looks like, "I wish I could do that again." Meredith is really doing fantastic with her JV conditioning (3x weekly). I haven't heard her complain one time. I can tell that she is really building up her muscles and her stamina. Ronnie is feeling some better but he is just so tired. My Mom's injections went very well last week and she has cataract surgery on Monday. This situation with my Mom is one that really needs your prayers. The physical is not as serious as the emotional. Please keep Cookie in your prayers especially, she lives with Mama and Mama is totally dependent on her. Mama enjoys the attention but it can be very difficult when your schedule is already filled and you have to pencil in another appointment. I took her to the doctor one day a couple of weeks ago and he said there was nothing really wrong and wasn't sure what she wanted. I'm telling you folks, this is not the independent woman I grew up with! I know she's getting older and she misses my Dad but the Lord has a purpose for her life and she can't see beyond her wants to find out what it is. She gets mad at me a lot because I don't give in to all of her attempts at guilt . I do love her dearly and I enjoy the "good" times we spend together but she makes me angry because she considers herself a shut-in and enjoys poor health and all of the attention she gets. Lord love her! She said something about our putting her in a nursing home the other day! She just needs to quit "feeling sorry" for herself, be thankful and get up and go. Please pray for her and for us as we try to be kind and loving but strong. My Daddy was a saint! Hey, my kids have already said at the first sign of chin dribble, I'm out of
here. Anyway, that's the up-date with the exception of Callie Rose. She is a trooper. She scares the UPS and Fed-Ex guys and the other afternoon I was talking to a man on the front porch and he made a little hand move and stepped forward. She stood up, the hair on the back of her neck bristled out and she showed him her big pretty teeth, The growl, deep in her throat, was scary too. Needless to say, he didn't stay long. The mail lady knows the trick though. When she has her arm out the window putting mail in the box and Callie is standing there barking and growling, she just throws her a handful of treats. Callie has her number, bark,growl,show my teeth, snacks. It works. Have a wonderful and safe week-end. Pray for my Justin he went racing with some friends to Dublin, NC. Of course, he's just along for the ride and the excitement. You have to be a race fan to understand this. Pray that he has a safe trip home. By the way, the Kim drama is OVER! He told her, it's OVER! You don't know what you want, it's obviously not me and I'm not waiting around for you to play me like a puppet. YES! See you tomorrow for a wonderful day of Praise and Worship!
Love you guys. Please leave me a comment. I'm getting paranoid here.

1 comment:

George Wright said...

Hey Megie,

Hang in there with everything. Some of your family situations sound very familiar (mom/family issues, children's boyfriend/girlfriend issues, etc). We have had a whirlwind couple of weeks... SOLD our house, bought a house, start a new job in a week -- LOTS going on!!! Jill is packing boxes right now (11:07pm), and I'm just running some numbers on the finances of the move -- it's just one of my things :)

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and hope that the Wall's did too! See you bright and early at AMRBC!

George