Thursday, April 17, 2008

Have you ever....?

Said a prayer for a complete stranger? Someone that just happened to cross your path briefly, maybe you never spoke to them but, you looked into each other's eyes.

Started up a conversation with a complete stranger? I know you guys don't find this surprising at all. My Daddy always said that I could talk to a pole and then pull it up and then talk to the hole. He also said I was born talking. Anyway, have you just started talking to someone you don't know and then before parting ways you ask their name and tell them you're going to say a prayer for them?

You know how much I enjoy sitting on my front porch. I love to look up and the night skies with the moon and twinkling stars that look like little diamonds. Whenever I see an airplane, which is very often because we live in the flight path between GSP and Charlotte, I love to think about the people on board. Who are they? Where did they come from and where are they going? Before they get out of sight, I always ask the Lord to bless thier lives and give them safe passage.

When I was a little girl, as you know, my Daddy was a truck driver. He would be gone for weeks at a time. We could hear his truck coming before we ever saw him. I remember that thrill and how my heart would beat so fast, cause Daddy was coming home. Sometimes he would be home for a week but, sometimes just for a day or two. When he would leave he would pull out and go around the block. We would run the other way and be standing on the other street corner waving when he passed us by. Then we would run back to our front porch and watch him but we would always turn around before he went out of sight. Funny. Lord, how I miss that man and when ever I pass a tractor/trailer or hear that big diesel engine, I'm that little girl again.

There are people who pass through our lives. For just a brief glance or even a conversation. Then there are people in our lives that we love and cherish but even that is for a brief time. We should love and laugh often, because the time we spend together may be gone in an instant. We should always encourage and pray for one another, even the people who make us angry. That's what Jesus would do.

I want each of you to know, how much I love and cherish you. I pray that God will continue to bless you and your families. Thanks for your love and encouragement and for your prayers that have brought me through.

If you're reading this..., leave me a comment. If you'd rather, e-mail me at;

megiewall@bellsouth.net


God Bless you all and make a stranger's day..., speak to them and tell them you'll pray for them. You might be surprised and I know that you'll be blessed.

3 comments:

J.E. said...

Megie... I think that your brain and my brain are long lost twins... I ALWAYS look at a plane and say .... "they're people in there..." and always wonder where they are going?? Is it fun,business, and emergency... I too pray for people... especially those in line with me at Walmart... Maybe one day the Lord will show me how those prayers worked out!

KJA said...

Thank you for the prayers and thoughtfulness. I someday I wish I could think how you and your lost twin brain brother think sometime. When I see a plane I am just glad I am not on it after the five years I traveled. Great to be home. Have a great day Meg.

Tiny_Kisses said...

Hey Megie!

Love your blog. Your cuz is fixin' hot dogs and wants to know if you want one? Chili or not?

Glad to hear the bp is doing better, mine has been on the fritz the last month or so too.

Take care and I'll be back soon. (well, as soon as I can figure out how to use this blog! lolol)
Hugs ya!

Tim's better half,
Tk