Saturday, April 12, 2008

Life here at 71 Grand Five Drive, Chesnee, SC

I'm sure that some of you don't have a clue where our road name came from. My Mom and Dad built out here over twenty years ago and they just used the Sandy Ford Road address. That's the name of the main road at the top of our road, just off of Parris Bridge Road. However, when Ronnie and I built here 14 years ago (June) and then Cookie and Pudge built out here 12 years ago (Nov) we decided to name our road. At the time there were only five grand children, hence the name, Grand Five.Our Meredith McKenzie made it six a little over a year later. We've thought several times about changing the name but, now we just say the name represents the five original members of our little family.

Things have settled down a bit since Mama came home. She's adjusting pretty well to being home and she's doing a great job with her therapy. I'm a little worried that she will become inactive and fall into another deep depression. It's a fact that she still needs to build up her strength and her stamina and we are trying our best to encourage her. Please continue to pray for her, that she will have the will-power to get out and get involved when she feels stronger.

Ronnie and I are childless this week-end. Meredith is in Garden City with the youth and, Justin has gone racing for the week-end. They'll both be back tomorrow. We got our showers early this morning and went out for breakfast. We rode around for a little while and now, Ronnie and the pups are watching a murder mystery on TV and I'm blogging. We have a birthday dinner to go to tonight, can't say who it is though. I'm not sure if it's a surprise or not but, better to be safe than sorry.

I've checked in with my CaringBridge buddies this afternoon. Also remember them in your prayers. The Bachman family, still struggling with the loss of their sweet Caylyn and, Jim Berg. He's doing pretty well coping with the loss of his precious wife Barb but, he still feels so lost and lonely without her,especially at night.

I'll list my other buddies so you can call them by name;

Brook Waddle
Chelsey Mitchell
Jaxon Burns
Connor Bowden
Andrew Kirby (my new buddy)
Nicholas Deyo

If you have a chance,you should visit their sites. They are so sweet and so amazing.
The four little guys at the bottom of the list, are very young, like Caylyn was, with the oldest turning 7 years old on April,22nd. Brook is 20 years old and Chelsey is 16 years old. If you have followed my blog you may notice that Meredith Grace Dyar's name is missing from the list above. She's still on my list but, she no longer has cancer!! Praise the Lord. She's the youngest of my buddies (1 year old). Her Mom still posts to up-date us on how well she's doing and how much she's growing. Please don't forget my friend, Jonathan Melton from Care Pages.

Well, that the news from my house. By the way, Callie Rose, Odie and Sophia Belle are doing very well. We had all three of them in here last night during the thunderstorm. The older two mind very well but, the baby (So-So) is a handful.

I pray that your week-end will be safe and happy and Jesus filled. I hope to see most of you at AMRBC tomorrow morning.

If you drop by, leave me a note.

Love to all and God Bless.

2 comments:

J.E. said...

Thats so neat that yall got to name the street!!!

jkstrib said...

like the new look!