Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sending the word

I received an e-mail from Bucky this morning. For those of you who don't know our Bucky, he's the wonderful youth Pastor at AMRBC. He said in his e-mail that he has a special burden for our young people and he wants us to pray in earnest for them.

I too have a burden for this great group of people. They are our future America and the country they are to inherit is in sad shape. "Recession" I believe is the word on the news report this morning.

In addition to a floundering country, these young people have so much pressure on them now. I have to admit, things were so much simpler when I was growing up. Of course parents were more involved in their kid's lives. Today, parents have their own agenda and unfortunately in some cases it doesn't include their own children.

Justin will be 22 years old on May 3oth and our little Meredith will be 13 years old on the 20th of July. They are my greatest accomplishment and if I do say so myself, they are great kids. They are mine for a time and it is my responsibility to equip them for the world.

You may be a parent with young babies, teens or even grown children. You may even be a grandparent or have no children at all but today's children are the responsibilty of all of us.

Add this group along with our babies, to your prayer time. They need us and one day, we will need them.

Have a Jesus filled week and remember I love you guys. God bless you all.

1 comment:

Ti-um R. said...

Hey Megie!

I finally took the time to sign up on google so I could post comments! Aren't you sooooo impressed? HA!

Shelly and I were talking just last week about our responsibilities as parents and how we wished things were as simple as they were when we were growing up. I can remember all too well leaving the house in the morning and staying out all day long (as long as we were in "ear shot" of mama's whistle) and only going back inside to eat or fix a "booboo"!

We can't even let Gracie out of our sight these days what with all the weirdos, perverts, yankees, and nare-do-wells out there! I long for the days of tree houses, building dams in the creek, rope swings over swimmin' holes, and riding bicycles to where ever we wanted to go.

I guess I long for those lazy crazy days of my childhood and wish the same for my sweet Gracie. I can't help but think of that country song by Bucky Covington; "A different World", Man! That was me to a tee!!

Peace Out Geerlfreend!
Tim