Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What to wear??

As a woman of large proportion (fat-fluffy-dimply-squishy), it's sometimes very difficult to find something to wear. I have many different sizes in my closet. Clothes from 52 pounds ago, clothes worn before I ever gained that 52 pounds. Newer clothes since I lost some weight and then others that I can't really remember ever wearing. Some of them still have the price tags. Ususally in those cases, it's a birthday gift or a Christmas present from a well-meaning relative who's not sure of your size and really doesn't want to insult you by buying the size you really wear. Omar the tent maker sizes.

I hate people who can walk in a department store and pick anything off of the rack and wear it. I have to hold it out and see how far it stretches. I can't wear button-up blouses at all, I prefer the pull over. It seems you have more material that stretches in a pull-over.

Another thing, I absolutely refuse to wear anything clingy!! Why would anybody of ample size want to show off their rolls by wearing something that fits that tightly? If you watch them, they are constantly pulling and tugging. Short skirts and mid-drift tops!! A big no-no for us BIG GALS.

The problem that all of us are having now is, the weather. One day it's in the high 70's and you're wearing short sleeves. The next day it's in the 50's and you've pulled the coats and gloves back out of the closet. When it's in the middle (60's) you wear short sleeves with a coat or shorts with your socks pulled up to your knees and flip flops(Jed).

It wasn't in God's plan for us to have to worry about what to wear. However, Eve had to have a bite of that apple and well, here we are! I'm glad that we don't have to wear fig leaves. I'm not so sure figs have leaves large enough to cover big people do they? I guess that's where you would have to sew two or three together, depending on the look you're going for. Total coverage or a little leg. There's a nudist colony here in Chesnee, red-necks aren't too modest. I've often thought that maybe I could be a nudist but, then I think of all of the people I would send into fits of laughter. I mean side-splitting, pig-snorting, horse laughter. I think I detected a sigh of relief, besides I would have no way to cover up my embarassment. So, I guess I'll just hang around here and wear my gown and socks (my feet get cold).

2 comments:

KJA said...

I do believe your are gnisol ruoy mind! Yes I spelled those backward to see if you had lost it already. LOL LOL

J.E. said...

I think even a nudist would need to wear flip flops so he would not step a cuckleburr.