Tuesday, February 5, 2008

BIG BAD DAD

Many of you know my hubby Ronnie. He's big and bald and can be very intimidating. I'm sure there are two young men at Boiling Springs Junior High who know this very well. Yesterday after lunch, Meredith called me and told me that the two young men who have been bullying her all year long, actually took her drink at lunch and drank it!! There have been several things that have happened all year long but, BIG BAD DAD HAD ENOUGH!!

Last year, Meredith was bullied by a bunch of girls and I took care of that but, yesterday Dad went to school. He went straight to the big guy and told him all that had been happening. He told the principal that he was not sending his baby girl to school to be bullied and frightened and he had had enough!

The principal called Meredith to the office. Luckily, when she called, I told her that her Daddy was on the way, I think I heard a big sigh of relief when she hung up the phone. Many of you know our sweet little Meredith. She is very quiet and shy and doesn't want any trouble. She told the principal all that had been happening and then she started to cry. Ronnie said the principal almost cried and he reassured Meredith that she had done nothing wrong. He told her if either of those boys cause her one minute more of grief, come to him.

Ronnie got a call from the principal later on in the afternoon. He told him that he had talked to both young men and if it was any consolation to Meredith, both of them cried!! She did smile and take some pleasure in that but, I could see the relief on her beautiful little face.

I know you may find this hard to believe, for those of you who know me but, I too was bullied in Junior High. For three long years I suffered verbal abuse at the hands of a few young men. I was the new girl in school and they took advantage of that fact. They called me horrible names and told vicious lies. Unfortunately, the young man behind all of this didn't attend our school at the time . He was a big
athlete at a Junior High across town but, he lived across the street from me.

I did get my revenge however. Because he lived out of district, he had to attend my school in the 9th grade. One day he and all of his buddies came sauntering down the hall. They started immediately laughing at me and calling me names. I grabbed this big old jock and threw him up against the lockers. I threatened to make him "cry like a girl" if he didn't tell them the truth. I had him in a big choke hold and he admitted, right there in front of God and everybody, that he was a BIG LIAR. He also apologized to me. I took great pleasure in that. Now, this is the Megie most of you know..., right?

My Dad came to the school later on that afternoon and he too took care of things. That's what Daddies do, they take care of things.

Our Heavenly Father is our Daddy too. He takes care of things. He picks us up and dries our tears and loves us unconditionally.

I eventually forgave these young men, even the ring leader and a couple of years ago when I read that he had passed away, I cried.

1 comment: