Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ever Wondered??

Have you ever wondered what goes on in the middle of the night? I'm always up at odd hours, letting the dogs out and letting the dogs in. While I'm up, I get something to drink and go to the bathroom. Here's my observation;

There are always cars going up and down the road. Where are they going at this hour? Maybe they had a craving for Krispy Kreme and they're making a doughnut run?

The paper man comes at 4:00am, poor thing. Did you know he has flashing lights on the top of his car? I guess that's so the people making a doughnut run will see him. The first time I saw the flashing lights coming down the road at 4:00am, I thought we were being raided. Kinda scary when you're half asleep.

It's dark out there. In the summertime, I like to sit out on my porch in the middle of the night and rock. It's peaceful and quiet but, it's dark out there! I can't see a thing except the paper man's flashing lights.

When do deer sleep? What about raccoon, fox and possum? One night I let the dogs out and Sophia ran out the door like she had been shot out of a cannon. She had spotted a couple of deer down at the end of the driveway. I've seen all kinds of furry creatures ambling across our yard.

Dogs are always up and barking to one another in the middle of the night. If one starts, they all start. Do you think they're planning a doughnut run?

There are some great old movies on in the middle of the night.

You can also buy things on the Home Shopping Network. This means, if you happen to be lonely, you can call and talk to somebody but, I think they want you to buy something.

Ronnie says the reason I don't sleep well is because I have a guilty conscience. That's not necessarily true. I've always been something of an insomniac ever since I was a kid. I remember lying awake while everybody else was sleeping.

The middle of the night is a good time to have your quiet time. God is always up and listening so, you can spend time with Him, uninterrupted.

Well, I guess I'll go and see what's on the television. Maybe I can sign up for one of those exercise videos that lets you lose inches while you're asleep. Or maybe I'll make a doughnut run. If I leave now I can be there and back by the time I get the kids up.


Don't forget: If you visit, leave me a comment. When I don't get any comments, it keeps me up at night.

3 comments:

jkstrib said...

I could so work the third shift. During the school year, I can't stay up late, but when summertime comes, I become a night owl!

George Wright said...

Hey Megie -

I guess I'm getting old... I can't stay up very late anymore. That is unless I happened to get a long nap during the day, then I will be up surfing all night, or watching the History channel.

If you decide to make a doughnut run call, and I'll meet you there for a "Hot Now" and a coffee!

George

J.E. said...

this was a good blog megie... it made me laugh to think about you seeing flashing light and having a drink in the middle of the night... what was in that drink???? Maybe the lights really arent flashing!!!