Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Change

"The only thing constant is change." I don't know if this is an original quote from my good friend Sandra Loyd but, it sure makes sense to me. I'm not good with changes, I like being in a rut. However, I can adapt and I have had to adapt many many times over the years. In just a short week, my little family has undergone a CHANGE. Most of you know that back in May, my son's fiancee, Kim, broke up with him. BIG MAJOR CHANGE!! Last Monday, Kim called Justin and told him that she had made a big mistake and wanted them to try again. ANOTHER MAJOR CHANGE! I have mixed emotions about this. Well, of course I do, I'm a mother. It was very difficult to watch Justin go through the terrible pain of a break-up. Lord, we've all been there and we know how it feels. I was devastated for him but, as time went on we adapted to life without Kim. In the meantime, Justin left his Dad's employ and now has a new job with benefits and opportunities for advancement. CHANGE. Of course, Justin had to adjust to a new way of doing things and there are perks when you work for family but, he's adjusted. Now, we will have to get use to Kim being in our lives again. This is not a bad thing, cause I do love Kim, in spite of the fact that she hurt Justin but, I am concerned. I'm all for second chances because our Lord gives us unlimited chances. I'm all for forgiveness because our Lord forgives us on a daily, minute by minute, second by second basis. Over the months I have tried to understand what was going on with Kim and why she did what she did. I do know that she was very confused and needed her space. I'm praying that Kim coming back into Justin's life, back into our family, will be because she genuinely cares for my son as much as he cares for her. I will eventually accept things, even though I don't like CHANGE, because I want Justin to be happy. However, Ronnie and Meredith will be a great challenge. Before the break up there were times that the situation between them and Kim wasn't a happy one and I, being the peacekeeper, was always in the middle. I'm sure I will always find myself in that position because that's what I do. Please pray that this is God's will and if not, pray that He will reveal His will. I want nothing but the best for both of my children, which includes a wonderful mate, but in all things I want God's will for our family. Kim will be coming over tonight after soccer practice for supper. Ronnie is out of town so, things may be a little awkward but it will be okay. Ronnie has promised me he will be a "good boy" but, for you that know him, you know this will not be an easy thing. Thanks for listening and being my prayer warriors and friends. Have a blessed day. Until next post.

2 comments:

Megie said...

Just had to let you know that all went well with supper. Kim actually came to the soccer field to watch Meredith practice for awhile. As soon as we saw each other we hugged. She and Meredith talked about soccer and school and Justin seemed very happy and relaxed. We will take it one day at a time. Just keep praying for us.

George Wright said...

Hi Megie,

Our prayers will be with all of you as you all adjust to this new change... You are right on target in your writing -- how can we not forgive, when we are forgiven of so much? I am so close to being perfect, but even I have made a few mistakes :)... Man, I really love me! Well, I better go. I think I'll go look at myself in the mirror ;) See you on the soccer fields!