Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A quick post

I know that you're probably laughing hysterically because you know I don't do quick.
Justin and I were getting in the car the other afternoon to make his doctor's appointment and he told me I was the slowest person he knew. There's a reason for that, I'm short. Short people don't do quick. Short people have to walk faster to catch up. We take two steps to other people's one. I'm also fat and old. There are three words that don't belong in the same sentence, quick, fat and old. They just don't work together to make a good combination. I always get where I'm going and I'm even on time and surprisingly I may be early but, it just takes me longer to get there. I'm sitting here at the computer watching it rain. We really need the rain. Everything is so thirsty. I don't mind rain unless it's cold and windy. I never minded the cold but now my body aches when it's cold. There's two more words that don't go together either, cold and old. They rhyme but they don't go together. I always liked fall and winter, cool crisp mornings that make you want to jump up and down and run around. I can't do that anymore either. Just thought of two more, fat and hot. I think that's why I always liked cooler weather. Fat plus hot equals hot and sweaty. There may be many things I can't do anymore but there are still plenty of things I can. I can love my family and friends. I can pray for others and encourage them when they're down. I can be a listening ear or a shoulder to cry on. I can still praise and worship my Heavenly Father and lift His name in song. My voice has changed a lot since I've gotten older. I can't hit the high notes anymore and when Julie says "stagger" your breathing I'm staggering just to breathe. My voice is not as strong and sure as it once was but as long as I'm singing to "Honor and Praise" my Lord, that's all that matters. That's what it means to, "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord." What may be "noise" to others is joyful to the Lord if the heart is true. See, I told you I can't do quick. Pray for Ronnie, he's traveling. Remember Justin's surgery (31st). Pray for Meredith, she has to live with me, Bless her! Remember all of my CaringBridge people. Two of the babies have had to be hospitalized this week. Say a special prayer for Nick Deyo (Mn.) and Meredith Grace Dyer (Al.). Have a wonderful, rainy Wednesday. I love you guys.

3 comments:

Wyatt said...

Lord Wyatt checking in, posting and checking out!!

pam said...

Sister-friend, this is why we get along so well together. We are both built with some of the same "short" comings. We both love Praise and Worship to the King of Kings. I love to hear you praise. Your music doesn't come from your vocal chords, they come from your heart.
Blessings to your family.
Pam

J.E. said...

quick, fat, and old.... very funny line.. I laughed out loud!!!!