Friday, October 26, 2007

Parenthood

Well, Sissy Wall is off on her youth trip. Did I cry? Well, yes of course I did but, not in front of her. I let her take my cell phone because I knew it would make her feel better. She just called to let me know that they have stopped to eat and she will call me when she gets there. It's so hard being a parent. I mean hard on the heart. They hand you this tiny little pucker faced bundle, all sweet and innocent, and you're suppose to know what to do. Surprisingly, for the baby's sake, God makes sure we do know what to do. You feed them, clothe them, bathe them and rock them to sleep. You kiss away their tears and bandage their knees. You take them to tennis practice or soccer practice, dance, gymnastics or drama and you cheer them on. You hug them when they win and when they lose. You help them with their homework and for a science project you get out the modeling clay and help them make a volcano. Hurray for the Blue Ribbon winners and the Participants!! Suddenly, like over-night, they're driving and going on dates. One day you're sending them to kindergarten and the next you're attending their high school graduation. One morning you're putting on their lacy socks and sandles and the next you're watching them board a big charter bus with their flip-flops and ponytail. Where did the time go? It went by too fast! I'm proud of my kids, they are great people. I love them so much and I thank my God every day for allowing me the honor of being a care-giver to His children. They are His kids and He gave them to us to help" train them up in the way that they should go."(Pvbs.22:6) Pray for our youth. Pray for our sweet little babies and toddlers. The world is a hard place and we need to be there for them, to guide them. This is our job. What a noble profession. What a challenging and rewarding task. Have a great week-end my dear friends. God Bless you. Until next time.

1 comment:

KJA said...

Arent' you glad the apples don't fall far from the tree. Most of the time our children reflect us in so many ways it is scary. Wouldn't it be wonderful if all of Gods children reflected him. This world would be sssoooo good we wouldn't know how to act. Great parenting makes great kids. You go Megie and Ronnie. Kudos