Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Surgery

Don't forget to remember Justin in your prayers. His surgery is tomorrow afternoon at 12:30pm. Pray for Doctor Black and all of the other doctors and nurses who will be attending during the surgery and pray for ME! It's one thing to face surgery yourself but it's another when it's your child. I'm so worried about leaving him this weekend to go and sing in Montgomery. We have people who will be on call and will be staying with him but it's not the same as my being there. We weren't scheduled to go to Alabama because Meredith had soccer tournaments but, those games have been rescheduled for next weekend. I'm praying for God's guidance and His peace. Justin has so much going on right now besides facing this surgery. His Dad's wife called him last Thursday and was very rude and ugly to him. His Dad had asked him to run an errand for him and she (the step-mother) became very angry because she wasn't made aware of the situation. It was no big deal, Justin had to pick up his older brother and take him to get his car at the repair shop. Anyway, for whatever reason, Justin got caught in the middle and she (step-mom) took her anger out on Justin. Then on Firday night, Justin went to take Kim out for supper and she told him she wasn't sure what she wanted but she's almost positive it isn't him.
Okay- enough already. I'm a very loving and forgiving person but I don't feel loving or forgiving right now. Justin is my son. He's a wonderful young man. He's loving and kind but he's no doormat!! We've made it plain that right now Kim is not to come to the house. She was suppose to help look after him while we were gone but, I've made other arrangements. Now she's mad at me. Well. BOO-HOO!! I'm a big girl and I can take it, what I would really like to know is.., can she take it? Lord, please give me peace about leaving Justin on Saturday. Pray for me, okay guys? This trip is very important and a very special outreach but, I'm a Mom and my children are my first priority. Meredith had a great time on her youth trip. She was tired and dirty but she was happy. Not too sure what happened with the facilities on this trip but the first thing she did when she got home was shower and lather her hair, twice!! Believe it or not Maggie survived the trip and her head is still attached but, only by a thread or two. For those of you who don't know this, Maggie is Meredith's doll that she carries with her everywhere and she is literally losing her head. Some of you know Maggie personally. Anyway, I need my prayer warriors to pray. If I thought Justin could make the trip I would just pack him up with us but, I know that's just too long. I know God will work everything out but I still need your prayers. Have a wonderful day and remember, I love you all so much.

2 comments:

jkstrib said...

I am praying for Justin today...hey, when I said that last night about the girlfriend, I had not read this post! I will be praying for that situation also! Post when you can and let us know how he is.

Love ya, mean it!
juju

Amy said...

I'm praying Megie - keep us posted. - Amy