Thursday, September 6, 2007

Friendship

I'm really late posting today. It's been a good day. I took Odie back to the vet and this time he gave them a good specimen. Hopefully this is a good sign. We should have his test results next week. All you pet lovers..., PRAY!! After I dropped Odie off at the vet I met a friend for coffee. I've known of my friend Alison for a long time. Our daughters have gone to school together since kindergarten and Alison (Super Mom) was PTA president for three years!! However.., I didn't actually get to know her until last Spring when our girls played on the same soccer team. I love this woman!! She is funny and out-going and just so bubbly. I love out-going people. Quiet people make me self conscious. If I have known you for more than five minutes you are no longer an acquaintance but a friend. That's because I love everybody and I'm just a huggy-kissy-lovey kind of gal. Of course this makes me an oddity in my family cause nobody else is like that. I'm sure I bother some people. I hug you when I see you and then I hug you bye. I have lots of friends.., of every size,shape, sex,age and race. The friend that I have had the longest is Gretchen. We met the first day of the 7th grade (40 years ago). The second longest friendship is Carol. We've been friends for 39 years. Of course I have my buddies from church..., just too many to mention. My friendship also includes guys. My brother-in-law David (Pudge) has been my dearest guy friend since 1974. You can even have family members that you count as friends too. This is double huggy-kissy-lovey..., cause we're family. My cousin's wife Amanda and I are really big buddies and my cousin David and I are "kissing cousins." Nothing kinky guys..., he's just the oldest Parris cousin and a pretty neat guy. He tries to keep me straight. Pray for him cause he's got his work cut out. You can have good-loving friendships that last for many years even though you may lose touch. This was very evident a few months back. My friend Wendell and I were the greatest friends back in the early seventies but we lost touch some time in the mid-eighties. Over the years I have thought of him often but wasn't sure where he was. A few months back I made a few inquiries and now we're back in touch..., after 20 years!! My very best and dearest friend in the whole wide world is my hubby..., Ronnie. We will celebrate 16 years of marriage on the 20th of the month. As I've said so many times..., Ronnie is the love of my life and my kids..., Justin and Meredith are the joy. I am so blessed. I thank God for all of my friends. You are very special to me. You bring joy and laughter and good times. Thanks for always being there in the good times and the bad. Thanks for making my days a little brighter and the journey through life a lot easier. God Bless You.

No comments: