Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Not my day!!

Well- since my other favorite color is green..., I'm choosing to write in green today. Green like the grass is suppose to be. Ronnie said something about weed-eating but very little about cutting the grass or mowing the lawn. Funny..., the grass is brown and withered from lack of rain but the weeds are flourishing nicely. I don't have a green thumb really so I don't know weeds from little sprouts. That might be why my suppose to be flower bed is really a weed bed.

Yesterday wasn't a very good day but I tried. Today isn't much better and I'm not sure I want to try!! Whenever Ronnie is out of town everything can and does go wrong. Not that I can't handle it but somehow the decisions I make in a crisis aren't necessarily the decisions Ronnie would make. I don't mean a major crisis..., one dog is in heat (joy-joy) the other dog may have prostate cancer and both of my kids aren't feeling real swift at the moment either. Justin called me earlier and told me to make him a doctor's appointment. This means..., he's sick. I'm suppose to follow Odie around with a cup to get a urine speciman. It seems he didn't give them enough at the vet's office yesterday. Now how am I suppose to do that and try to keep a diaper on Sophia? Which by the way she has lost!! We live on 11 acres and of course the dogs have free run. Odie..., being a male..., runs from bush to tree to blade of withered grass to "tinkle" and I'm suppose to run after him with a cup to catch it!!

Oh Lord!! Give me strength. I'm also suppose to keep Odie and Sophia apart. That's kind of hard when they live in the same house. Oh yea..., according to our breeder..., Sophia wasn't suppose to come into heat or season for a few more weeks. Well Surprise!! Her surgery is scheduled for the end of the month but until then I'm chasing her and Odie around like some crazed lunatic with a cup and a diaper. Well..., that is if I find the diaper.

Okay- I know you're probably laughing hysterically or you're probably even offended at my choice of topics today. Sorry..., that's not really what I intended. I guess I said all that to say this..., "the grrass is not always greener." I may be having a "bad" day today but I know there are so many people who have real crisis and real probalems.

I visited some of my CaringBridge Buddies this morning. My friend..., Susan. She's just lost her soul-mate of 30 years to cancer. My sweetheart..., Nicholas Deyo from Minnesota. He had a spinal stroke at birth. He has lots of problems but he's a cutie and a real tropper. Meredith Grace Dyer is 9 months old and has neuroblastoma. After her chemo treatment the other day she threw up in the hallway but turned around and gave her Mom (Ginger) the biggest grin. She's a beauty too just like my main man Nic. This morning I got an e-mail from my Aunt Jessie. It seems there is a very special young man..., Nick Vujicic..., who was borned with no arms or legs. He has a genuine love for young people and he travels around as a motivational speaker.

WAKE UP CALL!! My little problems seem very insignificant. It's very humbling. I find that if I try to be encouraging to others then it makes my little "bumps" not so very difficult anymore.
Find somebody today to be encouraging to. It may be a phone call or a card or even a hug. It may give them the boost they need to face the day and it will make you feel better too.

Give thanks in all things. Our Lord is a great and mighty God and greatly to be praised.
Have a Jesus-filled day and remember I love you guys.

No comments: