Wednesday, September 19, 2007

SEPTEMBER 20TH

Tomorrow is a very special and wonderful day in my life. On September 20, 1991 I married my best friend in the whole wide world. 16 years ago I entered into a committment for a
lifetime with the most precious man..., my Ronnie. "Ronnie from the Group." I call him that because for years that's who he was..., Ronnie from the group. My sister and brother-in-law and I had formed a singing group..., "Redeemed" and we were minus a bass singer. Cookie and Pudge(David) knew Ronnie from Mountain View (Chesnee..., not Cowpens) and asked him to join us. I knew of him. I actually remember seeing him years before when we sang at a Homecoming at Mountain View. He was just a teenager then but I remember vividly seeing him. I thought he was the "cutest" guy with beautiful blue eyes. Now, you have to remember I'm a good bit older (11 years) and I was married but..., I still thought he was a "cute kid." Suddenly the kid was all grown up and man could he ever sing. We soon became good friends and "sparring partners." For those of you who know us you know we always carry on with a one-on-one repartee..., always in fun. He was funny with a quick wit and he was always amazed that I could keep up. I believe he must have dated "dumb" girls cause he wasn't use to a smart woman with a quick wit and a smart mouth!! Of course I was married with a young son and Ronnie had a girlfriend. In fact..., they use to sit behind us during the worship service and Ronnie would always pick at Justin trying to get him to giggle during the service. Anyway..., a couple of years later my marriage ended in a very heart-breaking, devastating divorce and for months I closed myself off from everybody. I took care of my son and I worked but I just couldn't bring myself to do anything else. I prayed earnestly for God to put my family back together again and to take away the pain. One day while I was reading my daily devotion and having my prayer time..., the Lord told me to get up off of my knees and put 'feet' on my prayers. I started back to church and started back practicing and singing with the group again. In the beginning it was very difficult but I knew that I had to keep focused because I owed it to my son. In the meantime Ronnie and his girlfriend had broken up..., around the first of the year. I was upset for him but he seemed to be well adjusted. So much so..., that on Valentines we sang at a senior citizens banquet and he actually persued me around the fellowship hall. He had this gleam in his beautiful blue eyes and I was running scared. Eventually, I quit running and let him catch me. A few months later he asked me to marry him and on September 20,1991 we were married at Cowpens First Baptist Church. God answered my prayers..., maybe not in the way that I had in mind but He did put my family back together. Now it's better and more wonderful than it had ever been before. Fours years later..., July 20,1995 the Lord blessed us with a beautiful little girl, Meredith, and now our little family is complete. On our wedding day he sang the song from the group 'Alabama' "Forever's As Far As I'll Go." "I've thought about how long I'll love you..., Forever's as far as I'll go." Happy Anniversary "Ronnie from the group."
I LOVE YOU!!

1 comment:

Megie said...

I just thought I'd let you guys know that Ronnie and I celebrated with a very nice dinner at Red Lobster. What diet? Happy Anniversary Ronnie. I love you!!