Friday, September 14, 2007

I AM A BAD GIRL

Most of you who check in on my site know me. Some of you know me very well. Actually, if you have spent any time with me at all you are aware of one thing. I am..., what I am. There is no pretense with me..., what you see is what you get. I am not a patient person. Some people have told me that God gave me my children later in life because I would have more patience with them. Just ask my kids how that's working out. One place I have the most trouble being patient is in my car. No doubt about it..., I HAVE ROAD RAGE!! Meredith always tells any of her little friends that ride with us..., "Watch out! My Mama has road rage." I don't like stupid anyway and some people when they get behind the wheel of a car just go all stupid. I have a sneaky suspicion they're that way most of the time but it really comes out in their driving. Even Ronnie, who travels in his work and drive thousands of miles a month, makes me furious. My Daddy was a truck-driver and he taught me how to drive. I'm not talking about the modern day truck drivers who think they are King of the road, I'm talking about a safety conscious, knows the rules, all time great, truck driver. People use to say..., "Johnny Easler can drive anything with wheels." Having learned from the best I try to do my best. I play a little game sometimes. Go from point A to point B and drive like you are being tested. When I get in my car I stop and think about where I'm going and what way I'm going. I know people who have lived in Spartanburg all of their lives and they don't know how to get from one place to another. One guy has to go home and start from there! Men say that women are bad drivers. Well let me tell you..., I have seen some pretty stupid men drivers too. Kids don't know how to drive only because their parents can't drive. When some people get into their car..., their eyes glaze over and their brains turn to mush. I don't think they need to be behind the wheel of a moving vehicle and out on the road with other people. When I have the misfortune of sharing the roadway with these idiots I would love to have a boxing glove with one of those extendable arms mounted on the side of my car and just knock them right in the head a couple of good times. I usually yell and call them idiots and yes..., I have even told them they were number one and where they could put that cell phone along with a few other choice words. I'm not proud..., but I am honest. We all have our problems..., our dark side and road rage is mine. I've told some of you this before. Ronnie made me take my JESUS magnet off of my van because he said I wasn't being a very good witness. He's right. I'm not. I need for you guys to pray for me. I need to work on this problem area in my life because I am a representative of Christ in ALL things. I need to do less talking and more walking..., closer to Him. I love you guys. Thanks for letting me vent and for letting me be honest. Thanks for keeping me humble and for loving me even when..., I AM A BAD GIRL. Have a good week-end and I'll check in with you on Monday. If you visit my site..., please leave me a comment.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I hear ya, sista! I thought St. Louis drivers were bad, oh my goodness! One hasn't seen bad drivers till they've seen SC drivers! Steve and I hated for our children to learn to drive here. I guess that's where our trust and faith have to come in. Thanks for your graphic description - once again you've put a smile on my face. Love ya, Amy

jkstrib said...

Uh oh...don't ever get behind me. I have a terrible habit of making all my phones calls in the car because it is usually the only down time i have during the day! Sorry! Hey, I appreciate your honesty! My pet peeve is trying to get on the interstate and there is no one in the left lane and they still won't merge to let you on the highway! Ugh! A piece of advice...you and Ray should never, ever under any circumstances ride together!!! :) See you Sunday!

lub ya!
juju

KJA said...

This is all to familiar to me. How scary. If there is one thing I cannot stand is stupid drivers.