Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Thankful

Since my favorite color is purple and since this is my page..., I'm writing my 'Musings' for the day in purple. I titled today's thoughts Thankful because I am so truly Thankful for all that the Lord has given to me and done for me. In one of my devotions this past week it talked about worship. Worship God with thankfulness and sincerity. Praise Him! Adore Him. All that we are and all that we have comes from Him. I feel so thankful and so blessed. It's been a very busy morning for me. I dropped Ronnie off at the airport at 6:00am. He's flying to Kansas City for the week. By the time I got back home..., it was time to wake up Meredith and Justin. I took Meredith to school and took our 8 year old dachshund Odie to the vet for routine blood work. Odie has seizures and is on Phenobarbitol so he has to have periodic check ups. We may have a major problem. During Odie's exam the doctor detected an enlarged prostate. He had this same problem last year but they never found anything. However..., he was very swollen and the examine was VERY UNCOMFORTABLE to say the least. I had to leave my baby boy so they could do x-rays and get a urine specimen. What we are praying for is inflamation of the prostate but the doctor said that it could be cancer. They are starting him on antibiotics and medication for inflamation. So all of you pet-lovers know where I'm coming from. Please pray that all will be well with Odie. Our pets are just like our babies and most of the time they mind a lot beter than our kids. Anyway..., on the way home I cried and of course I prayed. I'm thankful for the 8 years that we've had this sweet little guy. I'm praying for many more healthy years with him. My cousin sent me an e-mail the other day. It was an intereview with Rick Warren ("The Purpose Driven Life") and he talked about the struggles that he and his family have been facing recently. His wife's cancer. This is what he said in the interview and I'm going to close with this;

In happy moments; Praise God
In difficult moments; Seek God
In quiet moments; Worship God
In painful moments; Trust God
In EVERY moment; Thank God

I'm sure we all are at different 'moments' in our lives. Facing our own struggles..., even the sickness of a beloved pet. No matter the 'moment'..., BE THANKFUL. I love you guys.

1 comment:

karen said...

AMEN SISTER, I'M RIGHT THERE WITH YOU. FAMILY IS EVERYTHING. AND ANIMALS ARE LIKE FAMILY. I'LL PRAY FOR ODIE AND HOPE HE WILL HAVE MORE HEALTHY WONDERFUL YEARS WITH YOU. I UNDERSTAND YOU COMPLETELY.
MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL.
KAREN